Massage Therapist Needed!
Inglewood Massage is now hiring! We are a small clinic with a big heart and big plans, looking for a 2200 hr RMT who thrives on the therapeutic side of massage! While we are in a small, simple location right now, we are eager to grow, and we are looking for 1 or 2 dedicated team members who are looking to grow with us, as the business builds.
What we are looking for:
- Part-time to start, easing into Full-time
- Current days available are flexible, but include Fridays
- We are willing to consider a student who is close to graduation (within 3 months).
- Must have a Calgary Massage Practitioner License
- Must be a member of an Alberta massage therapy association, with insurance
- Specialty training in therapeutic modalities is appreciated
- Must be professional, reliable, punctual, able to work independently (keyholder position), and have good customer service skills
- Must be willing to join in some community events the business will be participating in throughout the year, depending on scheduling. This typically has involved providing introductory chair massage and answering questions to the public, but now we are also looking at physical distancing safe options
- Some ethical sales are involved, training is provided
What we offer:
- Independent Contractor position
- Bi-weekly pay, 1 week delay from end of pay period
- 1 free massage per month
- Possible financial support for CEU's (must be pre-approved)
- We work collaboratively with advertising, promotions, etc.
- Administrative access to the business Facebook account to help create activity and advertise last-minute appointments
- Tablet-based online SOAP notes and client files (on-site tablet provided)
- Direct billing to insurance companies
- Online booking and access to your schedule
- Automatic client reminders for upcoming appointments
- Basic equipment, furniture and sheets provided by us
- Some existing clientelle, enormous networking potential in the building!
- We are an LGBTQ+, body positive, safe space
In addition, because we are located within The Commons coworking space, you also have access to the following added benefits:
- Free coffee, tea and toast (and peanut butter)
- Free Wifi
- Access to all community events (free yoga, workouts, professional development, meditation, networking, etc).
- Access to 18,000+ square feet of workspace, meeting space and social space (includes all non bookable boardrooms, phone booths, the Parlour Lounge, etc).
- Access to No Island Cowork space on 9th Ave
Apply by sending your resume, complete with cover letter, to email@example.com. Only approved applicants will be contacted for an interview.
How Are We Protecting Staff And Clients From Covid-19?
This is a new world we are working in, with many new concerns, procedures, and requirements. While we have not yet heard the official recommendations, we expect them to be similar to the ones set out by Saskatchewan, and this is the standard we are working to, until we are informed otherwise by our own province.
- I am currently going over all of our cleaning protocols, and ensuring that we will have these processes in place, and I am making them as easy to follow as I can, with check lists to avoid errors.
- We already have a paper-free environment, with emailed receipts and intake forms and electronic SOAP notes. We use an in-office tablet, which is easily cleaned, as is our POS system (Square).
- We have always insisted on protection covers for all work items, including table warmers and pillows. We are using Benefect, which is a Health Canada approved hospital-grade disinfectant that is also extremely non-toxic. It is on the interim list from Health Canada, and it is fully approved by the EPA as being effective against Covid-19. We are also accessing an approved hand sanitizer by a local business.
- The building we work in has always been excellent about housekeeping. Previous to Covid-19, they already had a professional cleaner come in and clean hallways and washrooms daily. They have multiple dishwashers on site, which are run every night, and as soon as Covid-19 hit, they obtained Lysol wipes, and made them easily available, and were very proactive about taking necessary measures. We will be going over the new sanitary protocols with them, once they are published.
- We have already obtained several pairs of eye protection, and ordered aprons and medical/procedure masks. Eye protection is covered by us. Initial costs for procedure masks will be covered by us, but the contractor is expected to split the cost 50/50, once we are on our collective feet again. Aprons are cloth and washable and will be provided by us as part of your uniform.
- While we are anticipating our re-opening for July, we will be paying strict attention to governmental updates. It may be possible to open sooner, however, we do want to make sure that there is no second wave that shuts us down again right after we re-open. We will know more, once the province has given us an actual re-opening date.
- While we have been very involved in the local community, we are looking at physical distancing-friendly ways to continue this connection. So far, this includes online speaking and online classes. We are open to ideas, and like to be innovative!